Please attach a PDF file of your resume and three samples of your recent work to your application.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Conceptualize and create advanced design solutions for a variety of media, including print, web, video and emerging media; translate these solutions into production-ready formats/files.
• Art direct inhouse graphic designers and/or outside vendors including freelance designers, photographers, illustrators, etc.
• Collaborate with Marketing staff, internal departments and Council staff to create fresh solutions to communication challenges and provide a design-focused perspective.
• Apply standards of quality and consistency for Metro Transit's brand/identity across all platforms, including vehicle graphics, environmental graphics and signage.
• Serve as final sign-off for visual brand elements.
• Monitor and analyze graphics team performance; coordinate efficient workflow.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual arts or related discipline and 5-8 years of experience in creative design
• Must have at least one year of experience in leading a work team
• Must have proven experience in presenting to clients/stakeholders
• Must have professional-level experience with Macintosh OS and peripherals, Adobe Creative Suite 5+, HTML/CSS and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles, wide variety of media production and color photographic and conventional and digital print processes.
• Knowledge of current and past design styles and trends. Knowledge of paper types, weighs, sizes, finishes, grain and how these affect printing.
• Knowledge of printing terms, techniques and processes, such as die-cutting, varnishing, ink types, scoring, folding, stitching and binding.
• Knowledge of video capture and editing.
• Knowledge of postal regulations affecting design of mail pieces.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents.
• Skill in verbal communication and listening.
• Skill in strong, conceptual design abilities.
• Ability to develop strong creative concepts and translate them visually.
• Skilled in using audiovisual technologies, animation, digital photography and other multimedia techniques.
• Foundational understanding of business practices (budgets and profit-loss concepts).
• Outstanding communications skills. Must be able to communicate visually, verbally and writing. Must be able to present effectively and advocate clearly for design concepts to colleagues and stakeholders
• Excellent analytical skills for visual information design.
• Knowledge of design and presentation software packages to include Adobe Creative Suite 5+, HTML/CSS and Microsoft Office.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATIONUnion: Non-Represented
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Selection Process: Candidates will be referred to the hiring supervisor for consideration based on the results of the following:
• Education and Experience Rating (review of application materials)
• Evaluation of sample work
• Oral Interview
• Selection Interview
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the selection process, please notify Human Resources at 612-349-7558.
Apply online now.