As an account strategist at StoryTeller, you are a Certified Inbound Marketer and public relations professional who has sound understanding of inbound marketing, media relations, social media, event PR, and how to pitch local and national media in print, radio and television. You’ve had at least 2 years of experience in public relations or marketing. You are the eyes and ears of your client’s brand and keeper of their strategic vision as it relates to inbound marketing and public relations. You drive and enable your client’s mission and business objectives and constantly challenge and push new ideas and possibilities that benefit your clients.
You are an exceptional and versatile writer who is as comfortable writing an AP Style news release as a post in a B2B blog or on a consumer blog. Creativity and imagination paired with exceptional focus and follow through is automatic. You adapt and change to the many personalities of our clients and also have the ability to lead clients with confidence. Attention to detail and organization are critical attributes. You must also work well independently and in a group. You have a clear working understanding of how social media integrates with inbound marketing, public relations and marketing.
As a customer-facing representative of StoryTeller, your client relations and client service must be extraordinary. You realize that there will be evenings and weekends which require you to be available for clients and client projects.
Basic Requirements and Qualifications
· College degree
· 2 years of experience in public relations or marketing
· Expertise in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience with social media platforms - ideally blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
· Impeccable writing/proofreading skills
· Outstanding business communication skills
· Proficient in Search Engine Optimization
· Lead client with creative, innovative and fresh ideas
· Develop strategic plans for client with account manager assistance
· Oversee social media content quality
· Preferred experience in public relations such as pitching stories, planning events and writing news releases
If this sounds like you, please demonstrate your writing skills by sending us a letter describing your interest in our agency as well as a writing sample. Include your resume and send to the following:
StoryTeller Media & Communications
Attn: Human Resources
5001 American Blvd. West, Suite 480
Bloomington, MN 55437
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org