The intern will assist with the ongoing performance monitoring and measurement of the Association’s online engagement campaigns across several major websites, email communications and online social media efforts. In particularly, the intern will monitor activities of the Stop Diabetes Movement- a brand campaign launched in 2009 and created to inspire and mobilize millions to take up the fight against this deadly disease. The position will interact with the event and programmatic staff and activities, the local board Marketing/Communications Chair Committee, The Social Marketing Firm Spyder Trap, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
Duration: Beginning in mid May through the end of the summer (dates and duration are negotiable, student can extend if willing.) Hours: 15-20 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship but will be a learning experience and can fulfill credit requirements.
- Currently enrolled in college/university
- Understand of Internet trends and technologies.
- Interest in how online social media works and how media communications strategies advance a public interest agenda and engage audiences.
- Assist with media monitoring efforts, metrics collection and reporting.
- Respond to queries for and regarding metrics reports and analysis.
- Create and distribute reports for internal stakeholders.