Job Description: Your Responsibilities As a Marketing Communication Intern, you will work closely with your Manager and Business Teams to develop integrated marketing programs consistent with overall brand marketing objectives.
You will be challenged to recognize opportunities and generate new ideas that have a positive impact on the business. You will assist in coordinating, developing, and executing integrated marketing program communications and materials. You will also be responsible for reporting program status and final results to your assigned brands through individual and group updates and presentations.
By acting as a key liaison between Marketing, Sales, internal and external partners and agencies, you’ll develop a broad network of effective working relationships with agencies, vendors, tie-in partners, customers and colleagues. You will also get a chance to meet and collaborate with other integrated marketing communications interns from different schools and locations.
Key Competencies for Position
- Strategic Thinking with External Focus: Understands business issues and implications of decisions on performance
- Creativity: Demonstrates the ability to bring fresh
- Initiative with Bias for Results: Displays proactive urgency, focused on specific, ambitious goals combined
- Business Knowledge: Demonstrates broad business knowledge and understands key business drivers
- Relationship Building: Effectively builds fair and
Expectations of Candidates
We look for the following attributes in our new hires:
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects while meeting deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
Degrees Preferred B.S., or B.A. degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2011 global net sales of US$14.9 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Apply online now.