This position works directly with the Communications team to implement internal and external marketing communications strategies and promote and create awareness for Guild Incorporated through general audience outreach. This position may also contribute to content management for the website, social media and email newsletter. While this is an unpaid position, it is an excellent opportunity to build case studies for your resume, gain practical experience and work hands on with the Communications Specialist as well as other staff members.
Time Commitment: 12 – 15 hours weekly, September through December 2012. Hours and work dates are flexible (within 8 to 5pm weekdays) and will be set according to intern’s class/work schedule and requirements of their school’s intern program.
Education and Experience:
The Marketing Communications Intern shall be qualified as deemed by the college or university the intern
Additional requirements include:Experience and Qualifications:
· Student currently enrolled in a degree program in marketing, communications, public relations or nonprofit management.
· Good written and verbal communication skills are required. Must show writing samples. Additional examples of volunteer projects or group projects are a plus.
· General knowledge of the use and impact of social media and interactive communications to engage an audience.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact or other email software, Adobe Creative a plus.
· Ability to incorporate suggestions and to meet deadlines.
· Assist with execution of marketing communications plans during our peak fundraising period.
· Assist in content development and management for web site updates, social media, email newsletter and internal communications. Includes photos and video.
· Assist on marketing projects as needed which may include event management, growing our presence in social media, and working on donor solicitations (print & online).
· Ideation and collaboration with Communications Specialist and other staff members on various projects that support awareness building of our mission.
About Guild Incorporated:
We are passionate, knowledgeable, and forward-thinking employees, volunteers, board members, supporters, and other involved community members with a mission of helping people with mental illness lead quality lives. We believe that people with mental illness are larger than the definition of their diagnosis. So, we partner with the individuals we serve, sticking with them through progress and set-backs, symptoms, medications, and side-effects, good days and not so good days. We are an established and growing nonprofit based in Saint Paul, MN. In 2011 we served nearly 1,400 clients.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two writing samples to:
Attn. Human Resources
130 S. Wabasha Street, Ste 90
St. Paul, MN 55107