Do you want to make a difference in the community while honing social media and media relations skills for the future? Henry Schafer Partners is a successful agency with clients in the field of health care, hunger-relief and education. We have a well-established internship program. Be one of our successful intern graduates! Flexible hours and hands-on work from the first day.
Position Summary: Assists team in public relations support and advocacy efforts for nonprofit and business clients. Intern will get experience in working on multimedia campaigns including traditional media relations, social media and advocacy/special events.
· Assist in developing, writing, revising and distributing media materials and pitches
· Research new social media tools and make recommendations on engagement strategies for clients
· Assist with social media content and posting
· Build comprehensive and carefully planned media lists
· Assist on creative team developing client or new client proposals
· Contribute to agency blog GIVE URL
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
· Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
· Strong writing skills and good interpersonal communications
· Word, Keynote or PowerPoint, Excel and social media fluency
· Public Relations experience or classes preferred (internship experience is acceptable)
· Paid, Flexible schedule hours starting at 10 hours per week
· Internship will begin September 24, 2012 (also flexible) and end December 10, 2012
· Extension of internship may be possible