The Campaign Director will work with clusters of member organizations and facilitate the strategic development and implementation of collaborative policy and candidate education initiatives. The Campaign Director will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of candidate education, policy campaigns and legislative initiatives including communications, education, grassroots engagement and lobbying.
- Manage collaborative issue selection processes; including advising clusters on strategy and development of issue campaign plans.
- In concert with the Chair, manage, convene, staff and, and as appropriate, preside at meetings for the MEP’s Government Relations Committee on a weekly basis during legislative session and as needed off session.
- Staff Campaign Committee meetings as needed.
- Manage Government Relations, communications and issue cluster listservs as needed.
- Attend MEP issue cluster meetings and provide strategic advice and guidance. Determine how and when to use MEP resources to support cluster activities. This may include communications, mobilization and lobbying efforts.
- Direct phone bank efforts.
- Manage email action alert network.
- Develop strategies for in-district legislative meetings, oversee their organization and attend meetings.
- Arrange, plan and attend meetings with legislative and agency leaders for clusters as needed.
- Coordinate legislative and agency events such as the Annual Legislative Forum.
- In consultation with Government Relations committee develop legislative “Hot List” weekly during the legislative session and distribute appropriately.
- Track bills of interest to member organizations using online bill-tracker.
- Manage Candidate Education program, including candidate briefings, citizen outreach, and coordinating with partner organizations.
- Create content for MEP website, blog, twitter feeds and other outlets.
- Prepare press statements, speech outlines, and media and public presentations on behalf of MEP.
- Speak and make public presentations of behalf of MEP as needed.
- Brief MEP staff, Executive Director and Board as requested.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and coalitions;
- Attention to detail in documentation and tracking of activities;
- Experience managing staff and volunteers;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 – 5 years public policy campaign experience;
- Experience implementing all aspects of a public policy campaign, including media, citizen engagement and lobbying;
- Knowledge of state and local environmental policy;
- Familiarity with state environmental organizations;
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and oral communication skills;
- High level organizational skills;
- Experience with meeting facilitation and project management;
- Familiarity and understanding of databases and targeting;
- Experience with and knowledge of social media;
- Self-motivation and initiative as well as ability and eagerness to work as part of a team.
Please send resume and references to Jen Lynch at email@example.com.
We will begin reviewing applications Sept. 10, 2012.