The Interactive Content Intern position offers an outstanding learning opportunity for a journalism/communications student interested in writing and creating content for web. This internship will provide hands-on experience pitching, writing, and researching stories and strategizing web initiatives.
The interactive content intern will be an important part of the online, mobile and social media efforts at Public Radio International. Key duties will include turning radio pieces into interactive content through writing and visuals, aggregation of important topics and breaking news as well as original reporting that produces content that fits the mission of PRI. In addition, this reporter will be expected to know and appreciate social media and use social tools to inform, enliven and distribute PRI content.
This is a full-time, non-exempt temporary paid internship. The ideal candidate will be available to work 40 hours a week; however, we are open to offering two part-time 20 hours a week internships. PRI will also offer academic credit if requested and a weekly transportation reimbursement.
We seek a student with significant coursework and/or experience in a journalism or communications position within a media company.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Knowledge with journalism best practices, strong writing, researching and communications skills especially in social media short formats.
• Experience reporting and producing stories across platforms and media with working knowledge of HTML, multimedia production and major social media tools
• Excellent interpersonal skills, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work on a deadline.
• Experience with audio, video and photo a plus.
As an Interactive Content Intern you will gain:
• Improved experience with research, writing and reporting.
• Multimedia editing skills.
• Experience using social media to find sources, make connections and promote stories, conversations.
• Familiarity with working as a journalist.
Come help us achieve our mission of helping people understand their place in our interdependent world. Send resumes, work samples, links to relevant social media profiles and a cover letter detailing your interest in interactive content to:
Public Radio International
401 2nd AVE N, Suite 500
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Hear a different voice. PRI embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer!
Get more information here.