Summit Academy OIC, a non-profit adult education and vocational training center, is seeking a skilled Development and Special Events Coordinator to work with the Development and Marketing team to create, manage and implement several special events including the Annual Golf Classic Tournament and approximately six annual donor house parties.
This person also manages the donor fundraising database related to gift processing, reporting and analysis, donor correspondence and maintaining the overall integrity of the database. The ideal candidate would have a unique mix of fundraising, communication and event planning skills and capabilities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Completely plan, manage and oversee the execution of and timelines for special events, both externally and internally.
· Help develop event budgets, and monitor event revenue and expenditures.
· Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing communication collateral and support materials for all events and donor activities.
· Produce development and golf committees’ reports and agendas, meeting arrangements and correspondence; as well as assist committees with fundraising efforts.
· Manage and update Sage donor database, spreadsheets and invitation lists for special events and fundraising campaigns; Provide management with event and donor statistics and analytics, including reports, charts, tables and lists when appropriate.
· Provide management with event and donor statistics and analytics, including reports, charts, tables and lists when appropriate.
· Help create and execute donor and sponsorship “ask” letters and other solicitation tactics.
· Assist in providing donor research and prospecting from database system.
· Ensure that financial and in-kind contributors are recognized with follow-up letters of appreciation and certificates in a timely manner.
· 2-3 years demonstrated experience in donor development and fundraising coordination/management; required. Must be a self-starter with project planning mentality who can take ownership and spearhead an initiative and see it through completion.
· Knowledge of event planning, management and implementation processes, timelines and execution.
· Handle several projects and assignments simultaneously; prioritize, multi-task and perform in high-stress/short-lead time situations.
· Meet deadlines despite interruptions, reprioritization and/or new direction.
· Must possess excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
· Familiarity with and use of Sage Fundraising 50 software (or other donor management systems) is a plus, as is a comfortable understanding and use of spreadsheets, databases and reporting tools. Any Wealth Engine experience is also a bonus, and additional training is available.
Salary is Commensurate with skills and experience. A valid driver’s license and clean criminal background check is required. Summit Academy OIC is an EEO/AA Employer.
Position is open until filled. Please send resumes with cover letter attention Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 612-278-5242. No phone inquiries please.