Summit Academy OIC, a non-profit adult education and vocational training center, is seeking a well-skilled and detail oriented Grants Coordinator to oversee and manage the day-to-day functions of the Grants and Appeals office to develop long-term, expanded constituency for grants for support of the vocational education programs of Summit Academy OIC. The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for managing all functions of the Grants and Appeals Office; writing grants and proposals, prospecting new grant opportunities, grant tracking and compliance, generation of reports, plans and analytics.
Candidate must have 4-6 years proven grant writing and development work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. The idea candidate must also possess a four year college degree and have expert level skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database management programs, as well as other varied skills and capabilities, including the following:
· Ability to produce final grant applications, including writing, copyediting and or compiling and synthesizing information from stakeholders;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; with the ability to write for extended periods of time;
· Skilled in composing and preparing correspondences to include requests for invites, thank-you letters, emails, and correspondences to current and prospective Foundations;
· Must be able to organize and develop effective systems and processes;
· Advanced database knowledge, including use of Excel and Access, to assist in the maintenance, compliance and tracking of grants and contract;
· Great interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization from staff to Board Members;
· Demonstrated ability to prepare and handle prospect management, prospect research and briefings, database inquiries and generate reports to grants and foundations;
· Ability to assist in the cultivation of grants and foundations;
· Resourceful, self-starter, willing to be open and proactive in the resolution of issues and communicates openly (internally, with grantees, partners, and donors);
· Must have good attention to detail with thorough and accurate execution of assigned tasks.
Posting deadline is October 9, 2012. Please send resumes with cover letter attention Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 612-278-5242. No phone inquiries please. Summit Academy OIC is an EEO/AA Employer.