The Social Media Specialist is responsible for managing social media initiatives, creating and maintaining content calendars, nurturing engagement and providing appropriate responses to community members in social media channels for the agency and clients of responsibility. He or she will also support the agency digital marketing team in a broader sense in development of digital and content marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and audiences for clients of responsibility.
- Effectively collaborate with account services, strategy, PR, creative and project management teams to develop and execute social media and content marketing components of campaigns.
- Responsible for handling engagement and community responses for clients where assigned/needed.
- Help agency and client engage in and seed conversation online.
- Develop comprehensive social media guidelines for agency and clients that provide clear direction to any parties who will be contributing to social media engagement efforts.
- Be an expert in the area of digital marketing, including but not limited to:
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Online advertising and online promotions
- Web site analytics
- Media analytics
- Be a knowledge source and advocate for digital marketing with the agency and clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and trends in the field of digital marketing communications, specifically social media marketing and content marketing.
- Develop effective and efficient agency tools and processes for the planning, executions and management of social media and content marketing initiatives.
- Assist as needed with related efforts such as traditional media relations and events.
- Participate in new business pitches as needed.
- Live and actively participate in the digital world (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
- Expert familiarity with popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Pinterest, blogging platforms, etc.)
- Solid writing skills and an appreciation of the nuances of brand authenticity and voice
- Passion for learning about new industries, topics and trends
- Ability to tell client stories in fresh interesting ways
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and its implications on web-based content
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to present effectively and persuasively to both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage multiple clients/assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) as well as an experience with social media monitoring and web analytics platforms (Sysomos Heartbeat, Radian 6, Google Analytics. Omniture, etc.)
Please apply to email@example.com.