Are you passionate about food production issues? Do you insist on photographing and tweeting about your food, much to the chagrin of your dinner mates? Do you thrive in a small office/team environment? If you answered “yes” to at least two of these questions, you may be the perfect candidate for Harvest PR’s new Digital PR position in Minneapolis!
The Digital PR Specialist will help develop and execute marcomm programs for national and regional clients in food/beverage and agriculture. We keep an outstanding roster of clients and are seeking a teammate who is equally as passionate for this tasty line of work.
In addition to crafting elegant pitches and cultivating relationships with journalists and bloggers, the Digital PR Specialist will develop, deploy and measure interactive and social media programs targeted at consumers and the trades. The ideal candidate has an outgoing personality and outstanding time management skills with ability to handle projects from start to finish with attention to the details. Must be self-motivated and ready to expand skill set in an environment only a small boutique agency can offer. The candidate will receive hands-on experience and the opportunity to work closely with clients and side by side with a seasoned PR team.
If you have at least three (3) years of agency experience, three stellar writing samples and a knack for media relations and all things digital, send your resume and samples to email@example.com. Include “Digital PR Specialist” in the subject line.
Key day-to-day activities of the Digital PR Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Learn clients’ products, PR plans, strategies and tactics
· Develop, present and execute strategic PR, marketing and social media programs
· Conduct industry and competitive research
· Write, edit and publish PR and marketing materials including press releases, blog posts, media alerts, e-newsletters, editorial calendars and any other writing assignments
· Craft and pitch compelling story ideas to media; develop industry-specific media relationships and serve as a media resource
· Develop and maintain media contact lists and other client databases
· Manage and distribute client e-newsletters and blogs; monitor click-throughs and subscriber lists
· Use tools of the trade, such as PitchEngine, WordPress and photo/video-editing software; actively seek out technologies that enhance our work, and increase performance in managing and measuring PR, digital and social media campaigns
· Manage outside vendors hired to help complete client work; obtain formal estimates/ensure tasks are completed on time and on budget
· Update media call logs, create briefings and reports
· Update agency and client websites and blogs
· Attend and actively participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
· Participate in new business development
· Monitor and share relevant/timely industry-related news
· Maintain project files and records to ensure completeness, accuracy and easy retrieval of information
· Attend community and/or industry events as appropriate
· Office assistant tasks and administrative support (organizing clips, magazines, files; stocking office supplies; etc .)
· Other duties as assigned
· At least three (3) years agency or related experience
· Outgoing and self-motivated, team player
· Strong organization and prioritization skills
· Creative; problem solver; research and analytical skills
· Mature communications skills
· Aptitude for pitching and cultivating relations with media
· Experience running digital and social media campaigns, from creation to completion
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience managing multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and other tools such as HootSuite or Sprout Social
· Experience with CMS systems, especially WordPress
· Experience with Cision/Vocus, PR Newswire and ProfNet/HARO
· Experience with graphic design and graphic design programs a big plus
· 4-Year Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Ag Journalism
Harvest PR offers a casual work environment, as well as a complete benefits package, including health/dental coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid volunteer time, paid garage parking or public transportation reimbursement, and professional development opportunities.