This position requires an experienced marketing specialist, with some event planning and donor development experience that is responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks including; assisting with the development and execution of marketing strategies for a Non Profit Organization focusing on volunteer engagement and development activities. Design and implementation of print and online collateral, website content creation and maintenance, email marketing, online marketing strategies, advertising, assistance with social media programs, and delivering creative marketing solutions in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates will have a four year degree, in a related field and a minimum of 2 years work experience in a diversified marketing role, with event planning, strong written and oral communication skills, print and web design skills, interactive marketing and some donor development experience.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
- Act as go-to, project coordinator for assigned marketing and development projects.
- Work with management and fundraisers to generate, execute and follow through on marketing plans. Includes special events, as well as print and online marketing implementation and social media.
- Special event planning including gala, golf tournament, and other donor related events.
- Assist in the plan to develop and implement small, medium and large size volunteer groups.
- Assist in the development, plan and execution of Pathways Experiential Exhibit for volunteers and donors.
- Designing, writing and development of company newsletters, collateral, emails, online content, and other assigned writing projects.
- Maintain and improve nonprofit website.
- Develop and implement social media programs.
- Design and coordinate printing for specialized marketing collateral and email marketing campaigns.
- Assist in preparation of new development proposals, to include writing assistance, layout, creative input, and assembly of final product.
- Ensure brand consistency and optimal creative collateral.
- Manage Non Profit promotional gifts and inventory.
- Understand basic fundraising concepts from volunteer development to donor ask.
- Assist the team with various other projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Job requirements
Education Required: Four year degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years or equivalent of related professional marketing work and event planning experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and graphic design software (QuarkXpress or InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, or other web authoring program)
- HTML and digital media technology experience necessary
- Proficient in email marketing software
- SEO and CMS experience
- Passion for new technology (i.e. social media, mobile marketing, etc.) and online marketing tactics
- Work experience in supporting multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work experience in donor development and fundraising.
- Excellent design skills and attention to detail a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working effectively in a team environment, but must be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational, project/time management and detail orientation skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a mission-driven agency whose partners and staff exhibit significant diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender orientation, socio economic status, nationality, and religion.
- This position is located in an office setting. However, the job may require time spent in our warehouse for the purpose of assisting with special projects. Both buildings are accessible and smoke free. This position works during normal business hours and mayu include occasional evening and/or weekend hours. The person employed in this position must be able to lift 20 lbs. Free parking is available..
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
BEST REPRESENTATION STATEMENT
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on bus.
Apply online now.