The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) has three exciting opportunities for experienced communications and public relations professionals to provide communications leadership to key initiatives and to support the ongoing mission of the department. These positions will report to executive leadership in three administrations/divisions within DHS, (Health Care Administration, Office of Inspector General and State Operated Services-Minnesota Sex Offender Program) but will also work with the Director of Communications. These three individuals will work closely with the respective Assistant Commissioner, the Inspector General and their executive staffs to identify and implement communication strategies that will assist them in accomplishing their goals, such as educating the public about program services, changes in program design, and other program information.
The Communications Liaisons will also develop and implement a comprehensive employee communications strategy, draft brochures and other materials; research issues and write first drafts of speeches to be presented by the Commissioner or other agency executives; provide briefing memos and staffing for events; design multi-media presentation materials; and develop content for the administration or division website. In crises situations, these staff may be called upon to provide additional assistance to the centralized team who manage agency wide communications. In addition to challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment in the historic state capitol district of St. Paul. Don’t miss this opportunity to start a rewarding career with DHS!
In order to qualify, applicants must fulfill ALL of the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or closely related field;
· 4 years of high-level professional communications experience, including responsibility for the development and implementation of communications plans and strategies;
· Experience developing employee communication materials; conducting research and drafting speeches and briefing memoranda; overseeing the development of promotional materials and publications; developing presentations; writing web content; and drafting press releases.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· Paid vacation time
· Paid sick time
· 11 paid holidays
· Life insurance (optional family)
· Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Health care savings plan
· Pension and retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax benefits
· Credit union membership available
· Optional retirement savings plan
Contact us! The Recruitment Office is glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or send your resume by email (please reference “Communications Liaison” in the subject line).
Phone/Job Hotline: 651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11th, 2012.
The Recruitment Office will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer