This position will be responsible to concept and write highly effective copy for a wide variety of consumer and trade communications, including advertising, collateral, direct mail and websites. Position will also help with proofreading materials while ensuring appropriate, consistent, and accurate use of company branding and product positioning.
Approach and Deployment (What to Do & How to Do It)
1. Develops and matures a written identity and lexicon for the organization and delivers consistent messaging/brand voice across all materials
1.1 Research, interview and assimilate information from multiple sources.
1.2 Create communication materials that meet strategies and objectives.
2. Creates original copy for marketing and internal projects including website content, newsletters, brochures, white papers, print collateral, social media content, public relations materials, etc.
2.1 Work closely with designers to ensure headlines and visuals work hand-in-hand to bring concepts to life.
2.2 Present multiple creative solutions to Director that show thoughtful approaches to strategy, and supports marketing objectives.
Results – Performance Measures (How to Measure Success)
· Effectiveness of communication
· Accuracy of work
· Customer feedback
Other Duties (Non Measurable)
· Support Starkey Employee Corporate and/or Department Guidelines.
· Check and verify quality.
· Support corporate health and safety objectives.
· React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
[Knowledge, skills and abilities for performance of essential duties]
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) or equivalent, preferably in English, Literature, Journalism, or Advertising
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in copywriting
· Skilled in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Social networking skills including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more
· Preferred knowledge of all MAC applications
Skills & Abilities
· Accepts constructive criticism and welcomes the suggestions for areas for improvement
· Able to self-start, self-direct, manage priorities and meet deadlines
· Delivers content in a clear and concise manner. Maintains spelling, punctuation and other quality and formatting standards
· Multi tasks several projects at one time to complete over various timelines.
· Exhibits a passion and growing knowledge of the non-profit industry with an advanced commitment to continue to learn
· The ability to work independently as well as in a group environment.
· Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
· An average of 40 hours per week, with evening and weekend commitments as dictated by workflow
Exercise of authority or supervision over others:
Communicates with outside vendors
Communicates with Sales & Marketing, IT, as well as other departments in the company
Normal office conditions
Normal office equipment