Provide production and operation assistance for the city's ParkTV channels and provide quality customer service and communications.
The ParkTV internship program offers several different tracks: news reporting, sports reporting, producing (videography) and promotions. To learn more about the different tracks, please copy and paste this path into your internet browser: http://www.stlouispark.org/community-tv/parktv-internship-program-overview.html
This is an unpaid internship opportunity working 15-20 hours per week. Work schedule will vary, including day and evening hours.
1. Operate cameras and playback systems for City managed Cable TV channels.
2. Create and/or perform graphics-related work as assigned to meet the needs of the division.
3. Provide department production of community event programs and related audio/visual assistance including all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Must be current student or recent graduate of a Technical, Bachelor's or Master's degree program with coursework in broadcast, journalism or related area.
- Internship is limited to a one-year maximum length of service.
- Excellent computer proficiency, including social media and word processing applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal, written and electronic communications.
- Ability to handle multiple functions and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with peers, staff, supervisors, directors and members of the public including elected officials or leaders of other agencies.
- Ability to physically perform all aspects of the position. 4