Sunday, November 25, 2012
School District # 622 - North St. Paul, Maplewood, and Oakdale - Communications/Marketing Intern
LOCATION: District Education Center
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District is seeking a communications intern to handle a variety of tasks.
This is a hands-on internship that will support the communications department and will work with a variety of communications platforms.
The Communications Intern will be nearing completion of or a recent graduate of a university communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or other related program.
The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic writing assignments, possess an understanding of public relations and marketing skills, interact professionally with all stakeholders, and have overall good judgment.
1. Assist with the writing and editing of media releases
2. Assist with the research, writing and editing of articles for a variety of internal and external publications.
3. Provide digital photography support.
4. Provide graphic design support for print and electronic publications.
5. Assist with general media relations.
6. Assist in creating an online presence beyond the district website using social media.
7. Track and compile media clips and media reports.
8. Assist with development and analysis of stakeholder surveys.
9. Provide administrative support.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Proficient in basic computer applications, including Microsoft Office
Excellent command of grammar, sentence structure and spelling
Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences, e.g. parents, general public, elected officials, staff and outside agencies
Excellent verbal communication skills
Knowledge of news writing style and familiarity with a variety of communication platforms (print, Web, social media, video, etc.)
Familiar with professional desktop applications such as Adobe Creative Suite
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
Proficient in social networking tools and comfortable using the Web to communicate ideas and generate dialogues
Proficient in AP Style
Working knowledge of digital photography
Experience working with social media marketing campaigns
Prior experience working in communications
Apply online now.
Posted by Unknown