CommonBond Communities, a nationally recognized provider of affordable housing and support services for residents, is looking for a part time individual to work as a Special Events and Development Intern. This internship offers a broad range of hands-on learning opportunities in a large development office. Internship is open for school year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND LEARNINGS
1) Collaborate with CommonBond staff on event planning, logistics and implementation for the annual GrandeGala.
a) Work with Associate Vice President to recruit sponsors and donors to the GrandeGala.
b) Assist with item solicitation, donor relations and item pick up
c) Assist with data entry and event tracking in Raiser’s Edge database
d) Work with Volunteer Manager in recruiting and training volunteers for GrandeGala
e) Maintain event registration information, including tracking of fees and/or gifts procured
f) Participate in steering committee meetings fostering good communication and positive relationships with donors and volunteers
2) Work with Development Officer on grant research and preparation of materials for grant applications and reports.
3) Assist in strategy and implementation of year end solicitations
i.e., phone-a-thon management, mailings, staff solicitation, etc.
4) Provide event support for fundraising and cultivation events
5) Organize and lead corporate group projects
6) Other duties and responsibilities depending on general departmental needs.
1) Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
2) Have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
3) Be responsible, diligent, and able to be directed
4) Ability to work independently
5) Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with the public
6) Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy and follow up
7) Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
8) Flexible team worker
1) Ability to sit for extended periods of time
2) Ability to type data into a computer
3) Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
4) Ability to complete filing
5) Ability to climb stairs regularly
328 W Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN. 55102
CommonBond Communities is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.