The Midwest Dairy Association Integrated Communications Internship provides an excellent opportunity for students interested in communications, public relations, marketing, food science or agribusiness.
This position is located in the Midwest Dairy Association corporate office in St. Paul, Minn. Applicants must be available to work through Labor Day to accommodate the Minnesota State Fair. There is a potential to accommodate a move-in date for college prior to Labor Day. The start date for the internship is negotiable.
Specific duties of the intern will be to assist Midwest Dairy staff with meeting our Integrated Communication objectives. Activities may include: writing news releases and website materials; shooting and preparing video and still photo segments; assisting with promotion activities at state fairs; assisting with the Princess Kay program and State Fair initiatives; coordinating displays and promotional activities; assisting in future intern recruitment; and providing various forms of support to the Midwest Dairy Industry Integrated Communications Team and State Fair project team.
For a full posting, visit http://www.midwestdairy.com/0t266p125/internships/.
|Education, training, experience:|
Must be a student that is a permanent resident of Iowa, Minnesota,
North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska,
Oklahoma or Arkansas or be a student enrolled in a college or university
in one of these states.
2. Must be at least 18 years old on January 1, 2013.
3. Must be available for short-term employment of the Midwest Dairy from approximately June 1 –Labor Day.
4. Must have an interest in communications, marketing, public relations and/or the dairy industry.
5. Must certify availability and participation in short-term summer employment.
6. Must locate in or near the Midwest Dairy St. Paul office, and have reliable transportation.
A preference will be given to applicants with:
1. Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
2. Strong organizational skills, maturity and the ability to work independently.
3. Familiarity with the dairy industry, state fairs and dairy princess programs.
4. A background or interest in marketing or agriculture.
5. Computer experience.
6. Family members of Midwest Dairy directors or management-level staff are ineligible for consideration unless the Midwest Dairy board grants a special exception.
7. Candidates who plan to enter Minnesota’s dairy princess competition in 2013 or in future years are ineligible.
Apply online now.