The person holding this position will develop and maintain relationships with members of the news media; author a variety of materials on behalf of MCGA; and lead or assist in special events and outreach-related projects.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Develop and maintain relationships with rural, metro and regional news media outlets
· Lead the distribution of information on organizational activities and events.
· Write a variety of materials to support research programs and educational initiatives
· Author and maintain website content
· Oversee the organization’s social media initiatives
· Manage outreach-related projects
· Provide input and communications support for organization’s research, promotional, educational and policy initiatives.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills.
· Ability to quickly distill complex subject matter to clear and concise written and verbal communications.
· Proven track-record in relationship-building with and working knowledge of the Minnesota and regional news media.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
· Familiarity with Drupal and Videography experience is a plus
· A working knowledge of agriculture.
· An undergraduate degree in public relations, journalism or related discipline
Candidates for this position will have a minimum of five years of experience in a communications, journalism, public relations or a related field. Although not a requirement, candidates with a background in agriculture are preferred.
This position will report to and work closely with MCGA Communications Director.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a one-page resume and brief cover message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position may also be emailed to this address. Please do not call the MCGA office about the position.