Timeframe: Late May/early June through September 2, 2013
Pay Rate: $10/hour (most weeks will be 40 hours; more during peak activity times)
Job Summary: Support State Fair marketing and guest relations efforts through social media and written communication projects.
· Assist with coordination, creation and production of written and visual material for the fair’s social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
· Monitor social media conversations and the fair’s online social media presence.
· Compose and produce the Daily News, the fair’s internal fairtime newsletter.
· Complete miscellaneous brochure and writing projects as assigned.
· Work extra daily hours and periods with no days off during peak activity times (must be able to work Aug. 17 through Sept. 2).
· Complete special projects as assigned.
· Assist in other areas of marketing division as needed.
· Assist with tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or the marketing communications manager.
· High school graduate and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, business communications or a related area of study.
· Computer skills and social media experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer service experience.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Send a cover letter, resume, references, writing samples and examples of social media usage in a Microsoft Word, PDF or web link format to email@example.com.
· No phone calls or walk-in inquiries will be accepted.
· We will only respond to applicants who are interviewed for the position.
· Deadline: Friday, Feb. 22, 2013