This internship position supports the Cargill Corporate Affairs Media Relations team. The Media Relations team is responsible for external communications, providing support for the company’s business units, issuing communications including corporate responsibility communications.
The intern will have exposure to the media relations team’s entire portfolio of work and will be involved largely in researching, writing and editing content for both internal and external audiences. Examples of assignments would include drafting community grant press releases; preparing media outreach materials; participating in media events; and drafting media kit materials.
- 40% Writing
- 30% Special projects
- 20 % Research
- 10% Miscellaneous support
- The environment is team oriented, fast paced, and hands-on.
- Students are given the opportunity to apply their skills and gain hands-on experience working on projects and publicizing company initiatives.
- Wayzata, MN
- Juniors or seniors graduating between May 2013 and May 2014 who are currently enrolled in an accredited degree program pursuing a BA in journalism, communications or English. Alternately, students who are pursuing a liberal arts degree will also be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Eligible to intern from June 2013 - August 2013.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third–party employer.
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Previous corporate, agency or non-profit communications experience/internship.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Strong organizational skills.
Apply online now.