The state trade association for Minnesota credit unions is seeking a director of communications responsible for directing and/or executing all internal and external communications, including public relations, newsletters, website content, marketing and press releases.
Primary duties include:
- writing on behalf of the organization and compiling content for newsletters, press releases, scripts and other communications;
- executing public relations strategies in concert with MnCUN’s strategic plan;
- maintaining relationships with media sources to ensure that the credit union voice is heard on a variety of issues;
- editing the work of staff across several departments to ensure consistency and adherence to a communications standard;
- designing a variety of publications and marketing materials;
- advising on marketing strategies and communicating to various audiences;
- maintaining and updating web content; and
- developing strategies and content to effectively utilize a variety of social media avenues.
Requirements include excellent writing skills, organizational skills, a meticulous nature, an eye for details, and the ability to multi-task and work independently. Additional requirements include a four-year degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field, or the equivalent combination of skills and experience. Previous experience in marketing and/or sales, and an interest in governmental affairs is preferable. Candidates must have an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, experience with graphic design and design software, knowledge of layout and AP Style, comfort with editing others’ work, and the ability to apply consistency and standards.
Interested candidates should visit www.mncun.org/posting to provide resumes, salary requirements, two to three writing samples and references. Equal Opportunity Employer.