JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for assisting the PR & Marketing departments in the daily social media activities on behalf of the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor and maintain social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
2. Research, plan, draft, post blogs and twitter feeds
3. Actively communicate with fans of the Ordway
4. Analyze and respond to social media audience response/engagement
5. Research social media trends among competitive set
6. Implement emerging technologies
7. Attend local workshops and seminars on social media, as available and approved by PR & Marketing Manager
8. Help identify areas of the Ordway website that benefit from updates as related to FB posts, etc.
EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in or recently completed a bachelor or graduate degree with a major or related course work in journalism, English, marketing or related field. Theatre, visual arts, music or related courses a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Interest or studies in marketing/advertising, public relations, or equivalent preferred. Prior clerical or administrative support experiences in a non-profit, education or cultural environment a plus.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITY: Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, phone and
organizational skills is preferred. Computer aptitude required, with Microsoft Office experience preferred. A flexible team worker.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Computers, printers, telephone, calculator, fax machine and other general office equipment.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references or Ordway application form to: Human Resources, 345 Washington Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102, or stop by the "Stage Door" on 5th Street to apply; or fax info to: (651) 224-1820, or email to: email@example.com. Web Page: www.ordway.org Job Line: (651) 282-3110. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA.