our team as an Account Executive. As a member of our public relations team, you will be
exposed to the full range of public relations responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, English or related
- Completion of one or more internships within the communications field.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Passion for online/digital communications.
1-2 years of related work experience in public relations setting, agency preferred but not
required. Working knowledge and experience executing tactics including, but not limited to:
- Media list development
- News release drafting and editing
- Identifying media
- Research for new business proposals and activities
- Understanding and use of AP style
- Basic activity reporting
- Extensive use of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
An AE typically will write and proofread news releases and reports, research industries and
issues, create media lists and pitch media contacts, assist with special events, participate in the
four-step PR process for clients, and begin to have direct contact with clients.
As an Account Executive, you will work as part of a team serving clients in a variety of
industries, including B2B and consumer companies. Duties include:
- Create media lists and identify editor contacts
- Write pitches, case histories, bylines, feature articles and news releases
- Conduct ongoing media calls, schedule and monitor interviews
- Coordinate trade shows and events
- Research and identify reputation-building opportunities for clients
- Proofread and edit
- Support new business development, including research and proposal coordination
- Prepare regular client reporting
- Implement social media strategy, including tactical support such as client Facebook and Twitter account management and maintenance
Application by 5:00 PM CST Friday, Feb. 15, 2013
Risdall Marketing Group is an equal opportunity employer.