The Communications intern will be able to broaden his/her experience in: media relations, internal (corporate) communications, field communications, and community relations in a unique corporate/non-profit environment. The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn more about both external and internal communications programs through active participation in a wide variety of projects.
- Assist media relations team with activities such as researching and writing news materials as well as assisting financial representatives with their own publicity efforts.
- Assist Community Relations, Internal Communications, and Field Communications teams on a variety of tasks including research and writing articles for organizational Intranet sites.
- Potential projects for Thrivent Magazine to be determined.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills – understanding of Associated Press stylebook.
- General understanding of how the media work.
- Strong understanding of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Basic understanding of the financial services industry.