Join a team that is all about sports, great food, family and friends. We are a Minneapolis-based, growing restaurant chain with a fast paced, high energy environment with amazing growth. To see for yourself, contact the recruiter with the instructions below.
BWW Job Level: Professional
JOB PURPOSE: As the Meeting & Event Planner , you’ll
plan, coordinate and execute small-to -mid-size company meetings and
events under the supervision of the Meeting, Event & Travel Manager.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage projects and tasks as assigned, with minimal supervision.
This includes, but is not limited to meeting request qualification, site
search, contract rate and concession negotiation, development and
management of attendee registration process, coordination with Group Air
Counselors, coordination of ground transportation, coordination of
rooming lists, VIP services, negotiation of pricing and logistics of
audio-visual needs, meeting correspondence, coordination of destination
management services, on-site meeting management, budget management,
invoice reconciliation, and meeting financial reporting.
· Understand the meetings objectives and budget parameters of various internal client across multiple business units.
· Part of a team that supports the planning and execution of
larger-scaled meetings and travel. This may include: national
convention, regional conferences, company meetings, and special events.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Research venues, menus, amenities and activities as assigned.
· Use extensive professional knowledge and skills, to negotiate rates
and contract terms that bring cost savings to the business unit and
· Conduct on-site venue inspections when necessary.
· Participate in the development of timelines, event themes, program formats, budgets, staff schedules and collateral materials.
· Create and/or assist with management of event timelines to ensure all deadlines are met.
· Ensure that meeting and travel information is current and accurate on the Intranet, SharePoint, or online registration sites.
· Compile information, preparing routine and ad hoc reports regarding spending, attendance and similar specifics.
· Development and/or tracking of expenditures in relation to event budgets.
· Processes approved invoices for payment.
· Responsible for the preparation and approval of banquet event orders.
· On-site meeting coordination
· Prepare all materials for attendees.
· Support speakers and VIP guests to ensure that travel and accommodations are correctly arranged.
· Interact with the facilities and security personnel at the chosen facilities.
· Coordination of meeting room layouts and set-up, equipment
requirements, agendas, handouts, materials and other supplies with
presenters at smaller breakout sessions; set-up and audit rooms prior to
· Arrange audio-visual and other presentation delivery equipment;
troubleshoot equipment and rehearse presentations with speakers.
· Participate with the post event reconciliation to confirm all charges
are accurate and within contractual and agreed upon terms.
· Receive and audit all invoices. Code all invoices for Accounting.
· Track actual expenses against the budget for each event; make
recommendations for ways to cut costs or institute cost controls in the
· Actively contribute to the improvement of best practices and processes for the department.
· Maintain database of sites specifics, locations and accommodations of different venues.
· Travel: 20% - travel on-site for assigned project when needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing or
related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant
· 5 years of Meeting/Event Management experience
· RegOnline or other meeting registration booking tool experience (build and management)
· Proven ability to leverage resources, creativity and expertise in order to resolve problems
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive “can do” attitude
· Available to work hours necessary in order to support events; this may include evenings & weekends
· Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency. (SharePoint and Outlook are preferred)
· Certified Meeting Professional (CMP accreditations)
· Domestic and international travel experience is a plus
Apply online now.