Digital River, founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
Digital River is seeking a Social Media and Public Relations Manager to manage global social media and public relations initiatives and campaigns, which include but are not limited to research, content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting.
The Social Media and Public Relations Manager will be a key member of the company’s Corporate Communications team.
· Support, maintain and implement a holistic global corporate social media strategy that spans multiple channels – including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, the company blog, etc.; collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns; and is coordinated across business units.
· Research top influencers and competitors, and stay current with social media trends and tools.
· Manage social media campaigns, an editorial calendar and day-to-day activities; create timely and engaging content optimized for each channel and intended audience.
· Become an advocate of the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues across all channels and answering questions where appropriate.
· Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to help expand the company’s social media presence.
· Monitor sites on a daily basis for customer service issues, initiate conversations on behalf of the company, and collaborate with internal teams (customer service) to craft responses.
· Use social media monitoring tools to monitor conversations, measure the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
· Maintain the corporate social media policy and monitor social channels to ensure compliance.
· Continue to refine and define the company’s social marketing process.
· Develop media pitches for business, trade and local press that build corporate awareness, and support key messages and corporate initiatives.
· Develop press releases to facilitate the global distribution of Digital River news.
· Develop byline articles that are aligned with strategic markets and company initiatives.
· Monitor global industry news and competitive intelligence to help develop messaging and media responses.
· Evaluate and report on the reach and impact of media activities through regular media monitoring and reporting.
· Create and maintain media contact lists.
· Maintain content of the news releases, media coverage and event sections of the corporate website.
· Submit award opportunities that position Digital River’s as a leader in the ecommerce industry.
· Submit of speaking opportunities at key industry events
Bachelor degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related
Experience and Qualifications:
· The candidate should have 5-8 years of experience in social media and public relations and demonstrate an understanding of a global audience. The preferred candidate must demonstrate:
· Exceptional writing skills
· Strong presentation, verbal communication and organizational skills
· Must be a self-starter, experienced handling numerous projects at one time
· Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
· Proficient in working across traditional and interactive media
· A good knowledge of SEO best practices
· Works well under pressure and tight deadlines