This position requires you to manage an organizational editorial calendar, develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy, and create or curate relevant, engaging content to communicate via our web, social and intranet sites, blogs, email campaigns and promotional materials.
This is a 15- to 20-hour week position with the potential to expand as we grow; it reports directly to the marketing senior vice president.
To qualify, you should have three to five years’ experience in advertising, communications, social media, marketing or public relations with responsibility for creating, curating and delivering content across a variety of social and digital channels; a BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field of study, also is required.
You also should be proficient with email, CMS, data analysis and social monitoring and measurement platforms; be an engaging writer and communicator and crisp editor across multimedia formats; and have a strong foundational knowledge in search engine optimization, online technology, web development, marketing and campaign management, lead generation strategies, Google Analytics and, preferably, HTML as well.
It’s expected that you stay abreast of emerging technology and trends in the social media space and will be able to apply them to your work at Welcyon.
Send your resume and portfolio samples to Bill Rodriguez, senior vice president of marketing and business development, at email@example.com.
Welcyon strives to provide a warm, welcoming workplace and puts a premium on honesty, teamwork, integrity and servant leadership. A more comprehensive job description follows.
Communications & Social Media Specialist
This position manages Welcyon’s content and communications so we can engage the right audiences with the right messages in the right ways to achieve our branding and growth goals.
Our audiences include:
- B2B: Franchise brokers and prospective franchisee investors
- B2C: Current, prospective and former members in the communities we serve
- Internal: Franchisees and their staffs as well as corporate staff
This position’s work is focused on four areas:
1. Calendar – managing an organizational editorial calendar, integrated with our sales and marketing plan, and with input from organizational leaders, that guides communications and proactive engagement with our target audiences
2. Content Creation – creating or curating content that is relevant, timely and supportive of our goals; this requires mastery of brand guidelines and key messages and the ability to develop content or resource it from internal and external subject matter experts
3. Social and Interactive Platforms & Tools – managing the posting of content via a variety of channels, including our web, social and intranet sites; broker and franchise portals; blogs; B2B and B2C email campaigns; online ad campaigns; as well as print collateral on occasion
4. Measurement – evaluating our communications impact and effectiveness using Google Analytics, 3rd-party partner provided tools and online measurement and monitoring tools
More information about our company is available at www.welcyon.com.