The primary purpose of this position to create and curate content for the Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare website, by developing and executing strategies that effectively position our organization as a world leader in provide pediatric specialty care. This position will also be relied on to research and stay ahead of current trends in digital content, and provide direction on how to continually improve our digital content.
· Strategy – In collaboration with internal teams and outside consultants, develops overall strategy for creating and maintaining a website that is recognized as an industry leader. This includes establishing standards for content navigation, tone and style, as well as maintaining the highest standards for protecting the privacy of patient information.
· Curating – Inventory existing content, including both online and hard-copy sources (internal brochures, newsletters) and coordinates information for the website that incorporates all of these sources, and updates content as needed. Coordinates with other writers and departments to develop a process for updating information across all communications vehicles.
· Editing/Writing – Creates and continually updates content for Gillette’s main website, as well as microsites. Writing also includes other projects as assigned, that may or may not pertain directly to the website.
· Internal approvals and updates – Enlists input and appropriate approvals from internal stakeholders on digital content that affects their departments, specialty areas and programs. Works with team members to coordinate with Gillette’s social media initiatives, fundraising, as well as communications with physicians, patient families and Gillette employees.
· Researching and recommending new approaches – In addition to managing content, continually researches the trends in digital content and assess which advancements and improvements should be applied at Gillette. This may also include training other staff members on digital strategy and best practices.
· Public relations support – As a member of the public relations team, this position is sometimes called on to assist with media relation efforts, including pager support.Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience in writing, web content development
· Strong writing and computer skills
· Advanced writing, proofing and editing ability (appropriate tone/style, clear and concise, well organized, complete and accurate)
· Time management, ability to prioritize projects
· Proven qualities of self-initiative, self-motivation and ability to work with people at varying levels, and as part of a team
· Health care experience
· Web design experience
To apply and for more details visit www.gillettechildrens.org.
Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and is an affirmative action employer.