We seek an Account Supervisor with a Public Relations specialty and who excels at engagement with traditional and digital media. This individual must expertly be able to offer significant contributions to strategic PR planning, as well as leading execution for a range of clients including both consumer and B2B accounts. This individual should be both knowledgeable and curious about the practice of public relations, client management and the broader world of strategic communications. An expertise and passion for publicity is a must. Experience with food and/or sustainability is a plus.
This individual will work with cross-functional account teams to develop creative and effective campaigns and accompanying earned media strategies that benefit our clients and our world. A sampling of campaign themes includes: supporting organic farmers, promoting a 100 year old heritage popcorn brand and sharing the benefits of the co-op business model.
- Serve as primary client contact on PR-oriented client accounts.
- Serve as a PR/earned media counselor on integrated accounts, including in new business meetings.
- Develop earned media plans for a range of client movements, marketing campaigns and events.
- Pitch and secure stories with media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.).
- Develop robust blogger relations campaigns and programs.
- Manage/supervise client interviews, desk-sides, events and media tour execution, including planning, logistics and recaps.
- Write and edit an array of communications materials, including news releases, collateral materials, pitches, speeches, presentations, and blog posts.
- Immerse self in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage.
- Positively coach junior-level staff members and expose them to media contact list.
- Own relationships with key media.
- Handle development of client/spokesperson media training; able to train independently if necessary.
- 4-6 years of heavy media relations experience, including experience working with consumer and B2B/technology brands.
- Established relationships with key media contacts across all mediums (print, broadcast, online, etc.), including experience with blogger relations beyond just placing a story on a blog.
- Expertise in digital media world, including earned media achieved throughout blogs, utilizing Facebook and Twitter, etc.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Experience with online media database, such as Vocus.
- Successful track record of managing PR accounts and media relations campaigns.
- Tremendously organized with outstanding time management and project management skills.
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help. You’re willing to trust a tribe member.
- You either never had an ego or you had it surgically removed. Collaboration is as natural as breathing.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
- When you hear the word “creative,” your immediate response is, “Aren’t we all?” No. Boxes. Here.
Please send a resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this position to: email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. No calls, please.