We seek a Strategic Marketing Writer to join our team. This individual should be a proven and skilled writer who can swiftly boil down complex and myriad business challenges and write succinct, persuasive copy showcasing our agency offerings as solutions to potential client needs. This Writer will work on frequent deadlines to create copy for proposals and presentations, including complex government RFPs as well as more creative follow-up notes or potential client “love letters.”
Haberman boasts a rapidly growing team and client roster, and this position will serve a key role as the agency continues to expand. This individual will work directly with Director of Business Development and team on building base of clients that speak to our team and benefit our world.
Strategic Marketing Writing
- Write strategic and marketing-savvy copy to help build relationships and persuade potential clients.
- Write and outline strategic plan elements for PR, media relations, digital, brand development and marketing programs.
- Craft case studies to support core proposals.
- Produce clean, error-free copy and edit the writing of others. Display a firm grasp of grammar, editing and style.
- Proactively manage time to deliver copy in advance of all deadlines.
- Swiftly adapt to the Haberman writing style and accept constructive criticism gracefully.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement of our writing and presentations.
- Maintain an organized server reservoir of copy blocks, case studies, etc. that we may draw upon as needed.
- Work with the creative department to develop beautiful, strategic and engaging presentations.
- Display a firm grasp of Keynote and Powerpoint; continually develop and strengthen these skills.
- Review our presentations compared to others; offer suggestions for improvement.
- Effectively interact with other agency departments to develop appropriate hours and budget estimates to match proposal language, and to manage work volume.
- Build rapport with the broader Haberman team to effectively draw upon the broad team experience as needed for proposals.
- Contribute, as requested, to multiple spreadsheets, databases and dashboards to track new business metrics.
- Participate in Haberman marketing events and in creation of marketing materials.
- Understand issues and/or causes relevant to our clients and create messaging that persuasively expresses client positions.
- Self-starter with commitment to take on new challenges and grow professionally.
- Multi-task and quickly and appropriately set priorities.
- Respectfully manage, teach and motivate Business Development Interns, when applicable.
- 3-7 years of writing experience, preferably as a grant writer, journalist or business writer.
- Marketing and business expertise required; some agency experience greatly preferred.
- Digital aptitude preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Keynote and Powerpoint skills. (Keynote is the Mac version of Powerpoint). Ability to work in a Mac environment. Advanced formatting skills a big bonus.
- Proven ability to produce excellent, error-free, persuasive copy, on deadline.
- Our mission speaks to you: To tell the stories of pioneers making a difference in the world.
- “Whatever it takes” is just how you roll. That’s how Haberman gets world-changing results for our clients.
- You’re curious. As in, late night, all day, one more page, one more link, keep asking questions curious.
- You’re a natural born, career honed, supernaturally blessed, idea weaving communicator.
- You’re brave. You will walk out with a rock and a sling. You will face the blank canvas. Grinning.
- You’re OK with being vulnerable. You’re OK asking for help.
- You’re a highly collaborative team player and can keep your ego in check.
- You assume positive intentions. Gotta problem? No prob. Get past it. Address it in 48 hours, if not sooner.
Please send a resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this position to: email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. No calls, please.