Job Summary: The Branding and Strategy Department of Meet Minneapolis is responsible for promoting and marketing the entire city of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Convention Center, and we want you to be part of our team.
As a Web Content Intern, you’ll learn one of the most vital and important skills in all of marketing: how to get a visitor to a website and how to keep them there.
For this job, you’ll use Google Analytics to help shape the way our site is ranked in search engines and how it is viewed by visitors. This includes: enriching our site in terms of keywords; optimizing content to what visitors are searching for; making pages optimal for social media sharing; recognizing web patterns and keeping content up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will be a college student studying in the field of marketing/public relations/advertising. Preferred candidates will already have prior knowledge with Google Analytics and website editing, but non-familiarity with these programs can be made up with quick-learning and a strong desire to learn. Candidates MUST be above-average communicators.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and update meta descriptions and keyword maps
- Create and update website pages
- Pull Google Analytics numbers for reports, meetings, etc.
- Work with social media team to promote certain pages on our site
- Assist with blog content creation
WHAT YOU’LL WALK OUT OF HERE WITH
- Deeper Google Analytics knowledge
- Better familiarity with web editing
- Understanding of how to optimize a website from an SEO perspective
- How to create keyword clusters
- How to write engaging web content
- Above-average writing skills
- Basic understanding with Google Analytics (or extreme willingness to learn)
- Basic understanding of web editing (or willingness to learn)
- Familiarity with web content structure
- Very self-motivated, willing to learn quick, detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
This position is not eligible for benefits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
· Walk, sit, bend and squat
· Talk and hear
· Grab, pull or bend items
· Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
· View items at a close and distant range
· Sit for extended periods of time
· Use computers for extended periods of time
· General office environment.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
CONTACT SEAN BESTOR AT SEANB@MINNEAPOLIS.ORG TO APPLY.