Risdall Public Relations is looking for an experienced public relations professional to join our team as a Senior Account Executive. As a member of our public relations team, you will be exposed to the full range of public relations responsibilities.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will work as part of a team serving clients in a variety of industries, including B2B and consumer companies. An SAE at Risdall typically will serve as the primary agency contact for clients, and will represent the public relations division on integrated and multi-capability accounts. The SAE will allocate resources and manage internal teams on behalf of clients, and will develop content, PR strategy, help lead the four-step PR process for clients, as well as write and proofread news releases and reports, research industries and issues, pitch media contacts, coordinate digital PR opportunities, provide PR counsel in real-time, and perform/lead other tactical execution.
In addition, he/she will play an ongoing role in supporting new business development, including research and coordination.
Desired experience includes working knowledge including, but not limited to:
• Media relations strategy development and tactical execution
• Key message development
• New business proposal development
• Account management, including primary client contact and team leadership
• Budget management
• Extensive use of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, English or related studies.
• Minimum of 4 years of public relations agency experience or related equivalent
• Demonstrated results in media relations, client service and account leadership
• Stellar writing and editing skills required
• Passion for both traditional and online/digital communications
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with executing the plan
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent at thinking on your feet
• Highly accountable with excellent time management skills
The sixth largest public relations firm in Minnesota, Risdall Public Relations is a division of Risdall
Marketing Group, a full-service agency that also includes the 2nd largest web/online marketing agency in Minnesota and the 7th largest ad agency. The agency is driven by a profound understanding of the digital space which empowers it to establish brands with an integrated and entrepreneurial approach. Now in its 40th year of business, Risdall, Risdall ranks as the 23rd largest independent agency in the U.S. It regularly wins awards across marketing functions. The agency was founded in 1972 by John Risdall, now the longest tenured agency head in the Twin Cities. Visit www.risdallpr.com.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject
line RPR SAE Application by 5:00 PM CST Wednesday, April. 17, 2013