The Communications Consultant 4 position in the Mountain Midwest Regional Communications group supports the development and execution of internal and external communications strategies that protect and enhance the company’s reputation.
The Communications Consultant 4:
· Demonstrates critical thinking and strategic consideration for all internal and external stakeholders.
· Develops knowledge of the organization, business, industry and marketplace.
· Defines and executes external communications strategies to support Wells Fargo in Chicago, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.
· Serves as a trusted strategic communications advisor for the Regional Bank leaders for WI-MI-Chicago and IN-OH by taking the initiative to understand and meet their internal and external communications needs.
· Works across all LOBs in Wells Fargo that have a presence and/or operate in WI-MI-Chicago and IN-OH to collaborate and support critical external communications.
· Delivers media relations with a One Wells Fargo approach.
· Builds strong relationships with the LOB communicators to improve PR effectiveness in local markets.
· Collaborates with support groups, including Government and Community Relations, Marketing, HR and others for effective communications planning and implementation.
· Stays abreast of issues impacting WI-MI-Chicago and IN-OH.
· Maintains strong media relationships with local, regional and national reporters.
· Manages social media initiatives for WI-MI-Chicago and IN-OH.
· Pitches positive company news and secures placements.
· Media trains and coaches select leaders to effectively deliver information.
· Handles day-to-day media interactions and acts as a reliable company spokesperson on local, regional and, when approved, national media inquiries.
· Assesses related risk and benefit for each media opportunity and recommends appropriate actions to manager of communications and regional leaders.
· Keeps internal audiences informed about upcoming media events and issues that will impact their reputation management efforts.
· Writes and produces presentations, letters and other communications for external stakeholders.
· Writes, delivers and supports internal communications and related initiatives.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively work independently
· Exceptional competency in multi-tasking, follow through and time management
· Demonstrated leadership capability with strong inter-personal effectiveness
· 6+ years of recent media relations with print, broadcast (radio and television)
· 1 year of experience with social media, including use of Twitter, Facebook and blogging
· 6+ years recent experience with executive communications, including speechwriting
· Financial services expertise
· Proven ability to secure positive news coverage and mitigate negative news to minimize the impact on reputation
· Demonstrated strategic thinking and tactical execution skills
· Experience in crisis management and preventative planning a plus
· Demonstrated ability to manage and conflicting priorities
· Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
· PRSA and/or IABC accreditation
Join our team. Visit our careers site at wellsfargo.com/careers and search Requisition #3739872 to apply.