Xcel Energy has
two internship opportunities available in the Communications department
in Minneapolis, MN. The positions provide web content support for the
Intranet and Internet websites meeting customer service requests and
Purpose is to provide the
student with a broad look at the communications needs of a major
corporation and opportunities to support staff with writing for
publications, coordinating projects and assisting in the planning and
implementation of special events.
The intern will assist on several
tactical communications projects, including the web content management
system and company video monitors. The position also provides valuable
administrative and communications support to all areas of
Communications: writing articles on a variety of topics, including HR
topics; writing classifieds for the company employee magazine; updating
the company websites; writing award entries; and supporting special
events; as well as delivering mail and other minor administrative
Full-time summer and potential part-time academic
internship (2-3 days or 16-24 hours per week). Candidates selected for
an interview will be asked to provide writing samples. This internship
may extend through the academic school year, based on performance and
Current student, Sophomore status (entering second year) or higher
majoring in communications, journalism, public relations or related
- Only current students will be considered (please, no recent graduates).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a project team.
- Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples.
Apply online now.