Himle Rapp is a strategic communications firm specializing in public affairs, corporate and crisis communications and reputation management. Since its founding in 1982, Himle Rapp has helped businesses and other organizations successfully build the reputations and stakeholder engagements necessary to achieve their objectives. The firm provides services to Fortune 500 corporations, emerging companies, trade and business associations, government agencies, non-profit organizations and foundations on a regional and national basis.
We are currently seeking to add to our account team and are focused on candidates with experience and proven expertise in digital media and strong writing skills. Required skills include:
· Familiarity with social media tools, trends and strategies
· Understanding of search engine optimization
· Ability to write basic HTML and create content in common content management systems including Wordpress and Drupal
· Knowledge of email list management and content strategy
· Ability to write search engine friendly copy in short formats that can be used for blogs, social media, etc.
· Ability to draft written materials that effectively communicate key messages and diverse points of view in impactful ways
· Experience writing in a variety of formats including opinion pieces, news releases, talking points, grassroots emails and other formats
Additionally, candidates will find it beneficial to possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Media relations: ability to develop compelling pitches as well as execute traditional and new media pitching and outreach plans to maximize results; current media relationships are a plus
- Community engagement: ability to execute comprehensive programs to engage and motivate community groups and grassroots audiences including in-person, written and online/social media methods
- Corporate communications/reputation management: experience in planning and executing corporate communications and/or reputation management strategies
Individuals will work with Himle Rapp senior staff in executing strategic communications and public affairs plans for a variety of clients in a wide range of industry areas including health care, energy/environment, corporate communications, education, transportation/development and non-profits.
Degrees preferred in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Liberal Arts or a related field. Ability to work independently and as a team is critical. Must be self-motivated, willing to accept new challenges, have good organizational skills, understand deadlines and have ability to successfully multi-task. Candidates should be available immediately.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by Monday, May 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM CST to: firstname.lastname@example.org.