Provide overall support to the Account Team in the form of research,
writing, editing, reporting results, and proofing materials. The
assistant account manager will assist with project follow-through with
clients as assigned. The incumbent will receive direct supervision from
either or both an account manager and account supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain and scan current news articles; update Account Executives with pertinent information relative to client's needs.
Coordinate data and write materials for a wide variety of assignments including, but not
limited to news releases, fact sheets, media advisories, social media posts, newsletters, collateral pieces.
• Maintain publications for K& C includes filing, routing and distribution as necessary.
• Develop and maintain media lists to ensure information is current.
• Develop a thorough and current knowledge of client business. This
involves understanding the client's products, market, distribution,
trends, organization history and internal organizational dynamics and
challenges; attending client meetings as required.
• Generate assigned client correspondence.
• Perform other essential duties as assigned from time to time to meet the changing needs of K&C.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
• Previous PR or news writing related internships.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES):
• Knowledge of and appreciation for the process of effective public relations.
• Skill in writing, editing, proofing, and strong media relations and social media skills.
• Ability to effectively use Associated Press style in journalistic writing.
• Ability to execute detailed research projects based on client criteria.
• Ability to communicate effectively electronically, over the phone
and in-person, to maintain a proactive rapport with clients and vendors.
• Ability to handle details with accuracy.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work with constant deadlines.
• Self starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Display a service-driven and client focused attitude.
• Possess a strong understanding of good journalistic writing principles.
Apply online now.