- Research and write news releases and feature articles for distribution to the media and general public via the MPRB website and email lists
- Assist in development of, and routine postings on, Facebook, Twitter and e-communications
- Compile, write and edit content for Park Board newsletters and publications
- Assist with development of marketing communications plans, researching project topics and compiling stakeholder and media lists
- Coordinate with cross-departmental staff to produce quality work and ensure project requirements are met
- Provide a variety of office support services, including maintenance of media and community lists, distribution of electronic and print materials, and general assistance with meetings
- Keep Communications and Marketing Manager promptly informed of significant issues or matters of concern
- Assist with various communications and marketing initiatives and projects, as apparent or assigned
- Monitor and track time and submit weekly time logs
- Demonstrated ability to edit/write compelling copy for feature stories, news releases and publications
- Demonstrated ability to write for the web and use social networking to advance communications strategies
- Excellent communications, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Motivated, flexible and able to work concurrently on several projects
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and interpersonal skills to work directly and effectively with all MPRB work groups
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and confidence to provide original ideas, solutions, and implementation plans
- Work independently and as a team member in a small marketing communications group
- Successful completion of advanced coursework or degree focusing on communications or marketing preferred
Hours and Length of Position: 40hrs/week, 8:30 am-5 pm Mon-Fri, with occasional weekend or evening hours to assist with meetings or events. Position is up to 12 months, with a minimum six month commitment by applicants preferred.
Hiring Timeline: Application posted May 20, 2013. Open until filled. Position begins immediately.
How to Apply: Email application, cover letter, resume and at least one writing sample to Dawn Sommers, Communications and Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete all fields of application. Cover letter needs to clearly state interest in position and availability (both hours and number of months).