- Take captivating digital photographs of MPRB parks, activities, classes and events that reflect the beauty, diversity and fun aspects of the park system. Images should be vibrant, full of rich colors, minimally processed, skillfully executed, compositionally balanced and of contemporary style.
- Prepare for photo shoots (e.g. schedule with staff, scout locations, coordinate photo release forms).
- Provide color correction and standard sharpening for digital images, label all images per department naming protocol, and archive all images.
- Coordinate with cross-departmental staff to understand needs, produce quality work and ensure project requirements are met.
- Provide administrative photo services, including tagging existing library images with key words to improve searchability.
- Keep Communications and Marketing Manager promptly informed of significant issues or matters of concern.
- Monitor and track time and submit weekly time logs.
- Expert photography skills with strong knowledge of digital camera equipment and software, preferably Nikon.
- Experience shooting on-location using available light.
- Understanding of the way photos are used for print and online design, communications and marketing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly PhotoShop) and Microsoft Windows operating system
- Exceptional time management, organizational and customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, creative, confident, motivated, flexible and able to work concurrently on several projects.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and interpersonal skills to work directly and effectively with all MPRB work groups and the public.
- Work independently and as a team member in a small marketing communications group.
- Successful completion of advanced coursework or degree focusing on photography or photojournalism.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide your own transportation (with necessary vehicle insurance).
Compensation: $10/hour, non-benefitted position.
Equipment: Photographer will use MPRB photo equipment and PC Desktop. Cameras: Nikon D600 and Nikon D70. Lenses: Sigma 70-200mm, Nikkor 18-70mm and Nikkor 24-85mm
Hours and Length of Position: Approximately 30hrs/week June-August and 10hrs/week September-May. Weekly hours vary and include weekdays, evenings and weekends. Position is up to 12 months, with a minimum three month commitment by applicants preferred. Specific hours will be determined by hiring manager. NOTE: Position is ideal for college student. Position may also be used for an academic internship if college and MPRB internship requirements are met. Applicants interested in discussing internship should indicate interest in cover letter.
Hiring Timeline: Application posted May 21, 2013. Open until filled. Position begins immediately.
How to Apply: Email application, cover letter and link to your portfolio (or mail CD of images) to Dawn Sommers, Communications and Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis MN 55411. Complete all fields of application. Cover letter needs to clearly state interest in position and availability (both hours and number of months).