The state trade association for Minnesota credit unions is seeking a director of communications responsible for directing and/or executing all external communications functions, including writing, editing, public relations, media relations and consumer awareness initiatives. This position also works to provide information and resources to member credit unions and effectively utilize a variety of social media avenues.
Primary duties include:
· writing on behalf of the organization, including press releases, media pitches, scripts, and other communications;
· monitoring media coverage and seeking appropriate avenues for comment
· developing and executing PR and media relations strategies;
· maintaining relationships with media sources to ensure that the credit union voice is heard on a variety of issues;
· editing the work of staff across several departments to ensure consistency and adherence to a communications standard;
· advising on marketing strategies and communicating to various audiences;
· developing strategies and content to effectively utilize a variety of social media avenues;
· maintaining and updating web content; and
· assisting with the production of brochures, publications and meeting collateral.
Requirements include excellent writing skills, organizational skills, public relations experience, meticulous nature, an eye for details, and the ability to multi-task and work independently. Additional requirements include strong knowledge of layout and AP Style, comfort with editing others’ work, and the ability to apply consistency and standards across the Minnesota Credit Union System. Educational requirements include a four-year degree in journalism, public relations, or related field; or the equivalent combination of skills and experience. Previous experience in marketing and/or sales, and an interest in governmental affairs is preferable. Candidates must have an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to perform basic graphic design and web design/updates using a WYSIWYG editor.
Interested candidates can submit resumes, salary requirements, two to three writing samples and references at www.mncun.org/posting. MnCUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.