The Temporary, Part-Time, PR & Marketing Assistant will assist in the development and implementation of effective communication strategies designed to build awareness and generate enthusiasm for Ordway programs and activities among the media, key stakeholders and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
Media Relations & Media Writing
· Proactively cultivate strong network of positive relationships with online, print and broadcast media through their work.
· Research and write press releases, pitch letters, media alerts. Assist PR & Marketing Manager in follow up with local media to ensure maximum media coverage.
· Oversee distribution and posting of calendar listings.
· Maintain complete and accurate contact information (media list) for print and electronic media; update as needed.
· Gather and maintain electronic copies of all press clips.
· Split coverage of Press Table on Opening Nights and attendance at PR appearances and events with PR & Marketing Manager.
· Field media inquiries and assist with arranging interviews and other requests for information from the media.
· Maintain Press page and photos on Ordway website.
· Create packets of press clips for Board meetings.
· Assist in the planning of PR events.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
· Brainstorm and develop Social Media campaign ideas; working with Social Media Intern, develop fresh content (photos, videos, etc.).
· Research and write monthly Social Media plans.
· Research and write special Social Media initiatives (Season Announce, Sally Awards, etc.)
· Work with Social Media Intern to execute Monthly Social Media plans and live tweeting/posting at events.
· Coordinate compilation and initial editing of performance programs; work with Designers to ensure materials are submitted according to timelines.
Children’s Festival, World Music & Dance Marketing
· Assist PR & Marketing Manager in writing and submitting Design Requests for Children’s Festival and World Music & Dance Marketing.
· Assist at Festival events in PR capacity and as representative of Ordway Marketing Team.
· 4-year degree in progress or completed, preferably in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations or similar. Involvement in PRSA, SPRSA or IABC is desirable. Knowledge of AP Style is desired.
· Knowledge of AP Style, news release and media alert development necessary. 1-2 years+ experience preferred.
· Social Media experience with Twitter and Facebook necessary.
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
· Outstanding organizational and planning skills with ability to multitask effectively. Must be able to get things done and achieve results.
· Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal departments, external partners and media/corporate community.
· Equipment Operated: PC, printer, telephone, copier, facsimile and other general office equipment.