job purpose: The Public Relations/Marketing Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of effective communication strategies designed to build awareness and generate enthusiasm for Ordway programs and activities among the media, key stakeholders and the general public.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Media Relations & Media Writing
1. Proactively cultivate a strong network of positive relationships with online, print, and broadcast media as well as key community members and arts partner organizations through their work.
2. Research and write press releases, pitch letters, media alerts. Assist PR & Marketing Manager in follow up with local media to ensure maximum media coverage.
3. Serve as main Ordway contact for smaller community newspapers.
4. Research, write, and distribute monthly Encore newsletter, utilizing PatronMail or other distribution service. Training will be provided.
5. Create and distribute Opening Night and Season Announce media invites; track RSVPs and seat media with help from PR & Marketing Manager.
6. Oversee distribution and posting of calendar listings.
7. Maintain complete and accurate contact information (media list) for print and electronic media; update as needed.
8. Gather and maintain electronic copies of all press clips.
9. Split coverage of Press Table on Opening Nights and attendance at PR appearances and events with PR & Marketing Manager.
10. Field media inquiries and assist with arranging interviews and other requests for information from the media.
11. Maintain press page and photos on Ordway website.
12. Create packets of press clips for Board meetings.
13. Assist in the planning of PR events.
14. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.Electronic/Social Media
1. Brainstorm and develop social media campaign ideas; working with Social Media Intern, develop fresh content (photos, videos, etc.).
2. In collaboration with PR & Marketing Manager, periodically support marketing efforts with additional writing of letters, e-blast copy, etc.
3. Research and write monthly social media plans.
4. Research and write special social media initiatives (Season Announcement, Sally Awards, etc.).
5. Work with Social Media Intern to execute monthly social media plans and live tweeting/posting at events.Program Development
1. Coordinate compilation and initial editing of performance programs; work with designers to ensure materials are submitted according to timelines.Campus Connections Program/Audience Development Program
1. Oversee final year of campus research project, in conjunction with Education and Engagement team.
2. Field questions and support Campus Advisors at Hamline, St. Thomas and MetroState.
3. Facilitate design requests for e-flyers for programs such as Campus Connections and Taking our Place Centerstage (TOPC). TOPC is an ongoing partnership to build relationships in the African American community.
4. Ensure Campus Connections Advisors have marketing materials for distribution.
5. Help Marketing Coordinator/Interns ensure ticket office staff has register to win and marketing materials created and available to them for distribution to local businesses.
6. Research and implement plans for outreach through participation in a community festivals.
· 4-year degree required, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing, business administration or similar. Involvement in PRSA, SPRSA or IABC is desirable. Knowledge of AP Style is desired.
· Social Media experience with Twitter and Facebook necessary.
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
· Outstanding organizational and planning skills with ability to multitask effectively. Must be able to get things done and achieve results.
· Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal departments, external partners and media/corporate community
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: PC, printer, telephone, copier, facsimile and other general office equipment.
Apply online now.
Apply online now.