Intern - Employee Communications-25932
Xcel Energy has two internship opportunities available in the Communications department in Minneapolis , MN . The positions provide web content support for the Intranet and Internet websites meeting customer service requests and expectations.
Purpose is to provide the student with a broad look at the communications needs of a major corporation and opportunities to support staff with writing for publications, coordinating projects and assisting in the planning and implementation of special events.
The intern will assist on several tactical communications projects, including the web content management system and company video monitors. The position also provides valuable administrative and communications support to all areas of Communications: writing articles on a variety of topics, including HR topics; writing classifieds for the company employee magazine; updating the company websites; writing award entries; and supporting special events; as well as delivering mail and other minor administrative duties.
Full-time summer and potential part-time academic internship (2-3 days or 16-24 hours per week). Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples. This internship may extend through the academic school year, based on performance and business need.
- Current student, Sophomore status (entering second year) or higher majoring in communications, journalism, public relations or related degree.
- Only current students will be considered (please, no recent graduates).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a project team.
- Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide writing samples.