§ Act as Publisher Liaison with key publishers, advising on sales and marketing and reporting back any concerns or questions
§ Participate in weekly marketing and e-merchandising meetings; monthly sales and marketing meetings; and seasonal presales meetings. Prepare presales followup notes and guidance to publishers on tipsheets and catalog copy.
§ Lead weekly social media meetings and manage Consortium’s Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts.
§ Help support various digital initiatives as book industry evolves, including Consortium’s Bookslinger short story app.
§ Manage year-round marketing internship program.
§ Coordinate weekly Communiqué e-newsletter to accounts and weekly Library Express e-newsletter to librarians.
§ Oversee Cision media database and gathering of media lists for publishers; handle chargebacks to publishers for marketing expenses.
§ Facilitate Co-op with Independent bookstores: Handle all requests from accounts for individual co-op from publishers and create seasonal universal co-op form for sales reps and accounts.
§ Coordinate Consortium group print ads, including publisher participation and design and production.
§ Assist in the administration and monitoring of chain and wholesaler promotions and publisher participation in various Indiebound promotions.
§ Oversee warehouse mailings for publishers and seasonal Consortium galley box mailings.
- Attend academic and library trade shows and conferences.
- Attend sales conference.
- Assist with shipments to tradeshows.
- Assist with updating the Marketing Handbook
- Participate in publisher strategy meetings.
- Act as back-up for the Marketing Director
Requirements of the position include:
- Must be very detail-oriented and skilled at organizing, inputting, and tracking large amounts of information pertaining to bookseller promotions, ad deadlines, fees/chargebacks, and publisher publicity updates.
- Must be adept on the computer and quick at learning different programs (Filemaker, Emma, etc). Knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to work as a team player
401 K Plan, Health, Dental, Life Insurance. Annual Salary: Commensurate with Experience.
To Submit A Resume
Please email email@example.com or fax Marketing Director at 612-746-2606. No phone calls please.