The Minneapolis office of Weber Shandwick is looking for a media
relations-focused PR professional with 5+ years of experience to join
our Financial Services team. We’re looking for a Senior Account
Executive with experience working with clients in technology or
financial services sectors. The ideal candidate is a “news hound” with a
passion for following the news, building media relationships, and
developing strong storylines that generate media interest.
Essential Competencies and Attributes:
• Strong B2B media relations skills with proven experience pitching and securing stories
• Solid B2B technical writing skills, including experience writing press releases or bylined articles for publication
• Strong command of social media in B2B environment, including
experience managing corporate social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn
or corporate blogs.
• Ability to creatively leverage content across channels to engage media and client audiences
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize engagement activities across a variety of client accounts
• Some experience working directly with clients
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct business, technology, trade media and other influencer outreach
• Work collaboratively with the client and senior leaders on accounts
• Occasional event public relations work and travel
• BA or BS in Journalism, Business, Communications or related degree
• PR agency experience desired
• Knowledge of technical subject matter a must
What’s in it For You?
• Our office has earned local recognition for our ‘great place to work’
environment. We operate under a collegial model where all voices are
• You’ll have exposure to award-winning work – PR Week’s Innovation of
the Year and Best Use of Social Awards for 2011 both came out of Weber
Shandwick Minneapolis work.
• You’ll work with colleagues who are leaders in their fields and have the opportunity to work on local and global accounts.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global PR agency. Our success is built on a
deep commitment to client service, our people, creativity,
collaboration, and engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to
build brands and reputations. We employ some of the best in the
industry, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare,
technology, public affairs, financial services, crisis management,
digital and CSR. Recently, we’ve been named The Holmes Report’s 2012
“Global Agency of the Year” and the “Most Creative PR Firm in the
World,” based on the agency’s first-place finish in its “Creative
Index,” as well as one of PR News’ CSR A-List agencies and its 2012
“Digital PR Firm of the Year.” We’ve also won numerous “best place to
work” awards around the world.
Apply online now.