Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you
for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who
share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of
our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark
at the office
- and a difference in your community. So if you're
talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a
rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial Consumer Public Relations Manager will play a key
role in managing components of the firm’s public relations program,
working collaboratively with the rest of the consumer PR team to
strengthen the company’s reputation as a financial services leader.
to the Director – Advice & Wealth Management Public Communications,
this position is responsible for helping execute a robust PR strategy
at the local and national levels. Primary areas of focus include
day-to-day management of a nationwide media relations program for the
company’s 10,000 financial advisors, administering and helping shape the
corporate digital strategy as it relates to PR, increasing the
visibility of the company’s community relations initiatives, and driving
targeted publicity for company spokespeople in national media.
Specific duties include:
Daily management of the company’s advisor media relations program. Key
components of the program include: vetting media opportunities in
conjunction with financial advisors; providing advice and media training
to advisors with varying degrees of familiarity and expertise in
dealing with the media; message development; and collateral and template
development. This position is charged with delivering a consistent and
excellent experience and positioning the program as an asset to the
company’s field of advisors. May also include presence at company
* Contributing to the company’s digital public
relations strategy with a focus on promoting and protecting the
Ameriprise brand and extending thought leadership across multiple
channels. Seek ways to leverage existing content across digital
platforms and continually pursue creative ideas to enhance the company’s
social media presence in coordination with other administrators.
Taking a leading role in national PR efforts positioning Ameriprise as a
trusted source of information on the markets and economy. Seek
opportunities to promote the company’s chief market strategist and
senior economist as expert sources in targeted print, TV, radio and
online publications, including CNBC, Bloomberg, Reuters, The New York
Times, and The Wall Street Journal. Develop timely and strategic
editorial content and identify ways to leverage across digital and
* Developing and implementing creative
tactics to promote the firm’s Community Relations efforts including
grant-making and volunteer events.
* Preparing external/internal communications including press releases, talking points, and backgrounders.
* Providing public relations consultation and guidance to corporate staff in various lines of business as needed.
Being prepared to assist with crisis communications and reputation
management work to safeguard the company’s brand and reputation, and to
* 4-6 years of public relations experience, preferably with financial or other professional services background
* Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, English or a related field
A track record of dealing with the media on local and national levels
including proactive pitching and reactive inquiry management
* Excellent writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with media training, message development and creating presentation materials
* Experience representing a financial services brand or other professional services brand on a national stage, preferred
* Some travel may be required
investment and financial advisory services are made available through
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. Some
products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to
all clients. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal
Apply online now.