|The Communications Assistant supports the Communications Division with the City's internal and external communication and marketing efforts.|
• Assists with identifying key communication issues for all City departments and facilities;
• Writes articles and copy for quarterly resident newsletter, press releases, website, brochures, flyers, posters, and marketing materials;
• Assists with the creation of brochures, flyers, posters, ads and other printed and multi-media materials;
• Helps edit and maintain the City’s extranet, website and social media outlets;
• Takes photographs and maintains a file of photographs and slides which help chronicle municipal events, activities, programs and services;
• Assists with content for government access channel;
• Prepares and provides communication assistance in the event of an emergency or disaster;
• Coordinates the department’s many projects and deadlines;
• Provides backup to the City Hall Receptionist, assisting residents over the phone and in person; and
• Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
The job requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field and one year of related work experience. The incumbent must have ability to write articles for publication and manage multiple concurrent projects. The incumbent must have an understanding of effective use of social media. The incumbent must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent evidence of mobility.
Experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign; photography skills and previous experience with website design and maintenance are desired.
|Apply online now.|
|This is a part-time position that will work approximately 25 hours per week.|
Monday, July 08, 2013
City of Edina - Communications Assistant
Posted by Ryan May