The Graphic Designer supports the Communications Division with the design, development and production of communications and marketing materials for both internal and external use.
· Serves as one of the City’s in-house graphic designers.
o Produces brochures, flyers, posters, ads and other printed and multi-media materials;
o Assists with layout of resident newsletter;
o Designs graphics for City websites, extranet, government access channel and social media sites;
o Designs advertisements and other marketing materials.
· Assists with monthly newsletters, including employee newsletter and department-specific newsletters.
o Edits layout;
o Assists with production and distribution.
· Develops relationships and works effectively with printers and other vendors that produce materials created by the Communications & Technology Services Department.
· Prepares specifications for print estimates.
· Prepares files for handoff to vendors.
· Maintains inventory of printed materials and promotional or premium items.
· Takes photographs and maintains a file of photographs which help chronicle municipal events, activities, programs and services.
· Prepares and provides communication assistance in the event of an emergency or disaster.
· Provides backup to the City Hall Receptionist, assisting residents over the phone and in person.
· Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
The job requires a two year degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field and one year of related work experience. The incumbent must have strong graphic design skills and ability to use graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign. The incumbent must have an understanding of effective use of social media. The incumbent must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent evidence of mobility.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Marketing or a related field. Photography skills and previous experience with website design and maintenance are desired.
|Apply online now.|
|This is a part-time position that will work approximately 25 hours per week.|
Monday, July 08, 2013
City of Edina - Part-time Graphic Designer
Posted by Ryan May