The Web and New Media Manager is responsible for managing and leading the Web and new media functions and providing university-wide leadership in planning, organizing and directing the design and functionality of the university's website. The Web and New Media Manager oversees the coordinated development, communication and implementation of web projects, policies, procedures and accessibility of the University's website for all users.
The Web and New Media Manager assures collaboration with Web content
creators, Web developers, Web users and governance structures within
the university that are representative of a collaborative communications
process. The successful candidate will also be responsible for meeting
the information needs of users, providing research and adoption of
effective design and communication strategies, and providing resources
and consulting services. SDSU actively seeks to increase social and
intellectual diversity among its faculty and staff. Women and persons
underrepresented in higher education are encouraged to apply.
1. Ensure that Web and new media support the Web-related communication needs of the university.
2. Ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability through
coordination and preparation of an annual budget, authorizing the
expenditure of Web and new media funds, and maintaining overall budget
3. Assume responsibility and collaboration for www.sdstate.edu and other university Websites
4. Lead, perform and oversee the planning, analysis, design and
implementation of selected campus wide Web applications (excluding those
Web projects managed by Information Technology).
5. Facilitate the coordinated implementation of Web projects.
6. Increase the level of understanding and accountability of university Web developers.
7. Understand and meet Web users' expectations and information needs.
8. Assure the university's Web-related policies and procedures are current and accurate.
9. Remain competent and current through self-directed professional
reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending
professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses
required by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
10. Contribute to the overall success of University Marketing and Communications by performing all other duties as assigned.
Education: A bachelor's degree in an information technology field or a design discipline utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
Experience: At least three years of technology project management
experience or three years of experience developing websites that
addressed issues of security, design, architecture, integration and
Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with
diverse constituencies with varying levels of technical knowledge.
Effective interpersonal, organizational and team building skills are
required. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Strong and current technical skills.
Education: A master's degree in an information technology field or a design discipline utilizing state-of-the-art technology.
Experience: Experience at an institution of higher education.
Skills: An understanding of accessibility issues related to disabled users.
For questions on the position, contact Search Chair Mark Luebker at 605-688-6592; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details click here and search for Web and New Media Manager